Movie Review: Hop
EB is in line to be the next Easter Bunny. He would rather be a rock superstar. EB runs away from home to fulfill his dreams, leaving behind more trouble back home than the issue of succession.
I only had one real issue with this movie — when did the Easter Bunny become Santa Claus?
I’m not joking around with this question. Hop presents the Easter Bunny as an individual who travels around the world in a single night, passing out presents and riding a sleigh. I repeat, when did the Easter Bunny become Santa Claus? They even spoofed the ending of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas at the end of the movie.
Other than that, it’s a cute little predictable piece of fluff (no pun intended) that the kids will enjoy. Parents will be saved from wanting to bang their heads against a wall by the addition of some adult humor that most children won’t get. There’s even a nod to Knight Rider that had the adults chuckling.
If you need to get out of the house and keep the kids quiet at the same time (if even for an hour and a half), this movie is the way to go.
– Kung Fu Panda 2 – As I’ve said before — I didn’t see the first one, I don’t want to see this one.
– Smurfs – The more I see this preview, the more I’m iffy on whether I want to see the movie. I may and I may not. It all depends.
– Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer – Huh? That’s all I’ve got to say. Huh?
– Rio – Looks like I’m passing on this. I’ll catch it on DVD.
– Hoodwinked Too – If I watch this (and I haven’t seen the first one), it’ll be on DVD.
– Winnie the Pooh Movie – I want to! I want to! But I’m not. I’ll wait for the DVD so I can escape if they ruin it. 😛