Movie Review: Fast Five
Dominic Toretto is on the run after Brian O’Conner and Mia Toretto bust him out of jail. They find themselves in Rio de Janeiro in the middle of a new batch of trouble when their paths cross a powerful mafia boss. The entire Fast and the Furious crew are needed to pull of this new job. And they’ll need to do it quick because the FBI has sent their top team to bring Dominic and Brian back to justice.
The only reason most everyone is going to see this movie, besides it being part of the Fast and Furious franchise, is to see Vin Diesel go up against Dwayne Johnson. That was my reason, and it was well worth it. That fight scene was epic.
But the movie had so much more than that one fight going for it. I do believe this is my favorite of the F&F movies thus far.
You will have to suspend disbelief with some elevator cables on some parts, but it is well worth it. This movie had everyone laughing, cheering, and groaning on cue and without fail. This was the one time when people making noise in the movie didn’t bother me because I was making noise too. You cannot help it.
This is another F&F movie that takes place BEFORE Tokyo Drift. This is obvious because Han is part of the cast. Matter of fact, every secondary character gets a piece of this action. OH! Before I forget, don’t leave the theater when the credits roll. Half way into the credits there is a bit you HAVE TO SEE. Oh yes, there will be another F&F movie after this one. Make no mistake.
Parents, there is violence and gun play and people dying in painful ways. There’s also a language thing. But if you let your kids see the first F&F movies, then this one is much the same.
I totally recommend this to any F&F fan. You will LOVE it.
– Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon – Holy CRAP! Extended preview. Well damn! Michael Bay is trying to outdo himself with this one. I am very much looking forward to this installment in the Transformers franchise. If you haven’t seen the latest full length preview, I suggest dropping by YouTube and looking it up.
– 3 Musketeers – I’ve watched all the other 3 Musketeers movies. I plan to watch this one. I already know it’s not going to be accurate to the period or the legend based on what little I saw in the preview. One of the men says, and I quote, “We were having an off day.” Since that phrasing is decidedly modern, I won’t be going to this film expecting historical accuracy. Add to that the women doing Matrix-esque stunts, and there you go.
– X-Men: First Class – A different preview than I’ve seen before. They show you more of the First Class. I saw Banshee. Now I’m really looking forward to this movie.
– The Change-Up – Freaky Friday with two grown men who are best friends instead of a grown woman and her daughter. One is a husband and father while the other is a consummate bachelor and playboy. This looks hilarious, but alas is a DVD movie.
– Cowboys & Aliens – Another new preview selling me on the movie I already knew I was going to see. 😀