Razor’s Edge Press
Sealing the Deal
[Assistant’s Position 4 – finale]
by Zenobia Renquist
Publisher: Razor’s Edge Press
Genre: Contemporary BDSM Erotica, Office, Boss-Secretary, FFM, MFMM, Voyeurism/Exhibitionism
They’ll evaluate every part of her performance, with a raise dependent on how she uses her assets.
Rachel is up for her yearly review. Her work ethic has been above standard and she’s confident in her skills. The board plans to scrutinize every bit of her, leaving nothing untouched. Rachel knows her performance will get a raise out of them.
Rachel is back after a long vacation. It’s a slow start, but Matt and Christine are both eager to supply the hands-on support Rachel needs to get back in the swing of things.
It seems I made Bad Barb’s day. 😀
“Thank goodness for sequels… Zenobia Renquist should be required to write one of these installments a week… There is everything you could want in this series and cannot wait to see what is in store for Rachel next.”
~ Barb, BadBarbsPlace
Assistant’s Position, Book 2
by Zenobia Renquist
Razor’s Edge Press
eBook BIN: 06434-02068
Genre: Contemporary Erotica, BDSM, Voyeurism/Exhibitionism MF, MMF, Office Fun
She knows what they want, what they do best, and where to be when the two meet.
Rachel is the sacrificial lamb sent to soothe the savage beast that is Gerard Perkins, the head of accounting. All others before her have failed but Rachel is sure she can handle him and have him purring under her touch in no time.
Rachel isn’t finished with Gerard Perkins. Her division needs overtime and he’s the man to give it. But the return of Gerard’s assistant, a jealous man who doesn’t like to share, might put a damper on things… unless Rachel can engage both in joint negotiations.
Read an Excerpt: http://www.changelingpress.com/content.php?utype=note&uid=6434
Before and After Work
Assistant’s Position, Book 1
by Zenobia Renquist
Razor’s Edge Press
eBook BIN: 06317-02030
Genre: Contemporary Erotica, Multiple Partners, BDSM, Bisexual, Office, MF
The harder she works, the luckier she gets.
“Stuffed Elevator”: Rachel has entered an elevator with the company’s top executives. It’s a nerve-wracking situation that escalates when multiple people start groping her. The numbers are getting closer to her floor. Rachel hopes they can get her off in time.
“Working It Late”: Rachel doesn’t mind staying late to get the job done but her boss wants her off the clock and out the door. She’s happy to comply until she catches him talking dirty behind closed doors. Everything he describes gets Rachel hot, so of course she’s anxious to find out if talking is all her boss can do.
Read an Excerpt: http://www.changelingpress.com/content.php?utype=note&uid=6317
Now on All Romance eBooks, Kindle and Nook…
When the line between fantasy and reality is erased, the real fun begins.
Stacy hates benefit dinners — fake smiles and empty conversation with people she can barely tolerate. Good thing she has her imagination to keep her occupied with sexual fantasies involving the other guests. And as the night wears on, it gets harder to tell where fantasy ends and reality begins.
Genre: Contemporary Erotica, Multiple Partners, MF, FF, Open Marriage
All Romance eBooks (5% off limited time):
Read First Scene Online:
I Need an F
by Zenobia Renquist
Razor’s Edge Press
eBook BIN: 06277-02017
Genre: Contemporary Erotica, MF
Length: Short Story
She ordered the wrong thing… or did she?
A simple night out with the girls with a drinking game to pass the time becomes so much more when Liria orders the wrong thing. It’s a good thing her bartender is a talented and versatile man able to handle any order.
Read an Excerpt: http://www.changelingpress.com/content.php?utype=note&uid=6277
by Zenobia Renquist
Razor’s Edge Press
eBook BIN: 05997-01924
Genre: Erotica Contemporary Fiction
Length: Short Story
The game is over, everyone has left and the house is clean. Tawnie is ready for a good night’s sleep, but Hudson is ready for sex. There’s no reason they can’t both get what they want.
Woohoo. I have stuff to write about. If my writing update posts seem a bit disjointed in the Fridays to come, it’s because I’m writing them during the week as stuff happens. You probably won’t even notice. So forget I said anything.
On with the show.
– WRITING (04 August): So I thought Friday (03 Aug) and Saturday (04 Aug) would be non-writing days for me since I would be doing stuff with friends and the hubby on both days. Uh yeah… the muse doesn’t like excuses like that. After a nap to recharge, I put a little over 5000 words on one of the Guardian’s Tales stories.
I say “one of” and not “next” because I hadn’t planned for this book to be next. The books in the GT series don’t follow a particular order since they are only loosely related. It’s pretty much whoever reaches the finish line first gets published next. We’ll see what my muse has to say in the days to come.
Meanwhile, I was supposed to be working on the spin-off to the Caveat Emptor series. My muse jumping around like this (no, I have no control in this. I go where the muse tells me) is the main reason I have so many unfinished novels. I’m working on that though.
– FINISHED (05 August): I started and finished a 7700 word short story for Razor’s Edge Press today. Inspiration hit and I went with it. It’s titled FANTASY VS. REALITY and about a woman who has a hard time getting through a business party without daydreaming about people doing naughty stuff to her. Don’t even ask me where the idea for that came from. My mind goes to strange places when I get enough sleep.
Again not what I’m supposed to be working on, but at least I’m writing so I won’t complain. 😛
– SUBMITTED (06 August): This was a non-writing day so I could get stuff submitted. The three Encounters (free short, short stories) that I finished on 12 May have now been submitted. I was waiting for ETERNAL LOVERS to be released. Those three free shorts should show up in the next Changeling eZine and then on All Romance eBooks shortly thereafter.
I also submitted DECORATING SPIRIT, my Christmas short story for the Changeling Press Santa’s Helpers multi-author series, FANTASY VS. REALITY a Razor’s Edge contemporary erotica piece, and I NEED AN F another Razor’s Edge erotica piece based on a drinking game.
All that’s left is to do the final tweaks on my two novellas for the Wet multi-author series and I’ll switch gears to my novel.
– SUBMITTED (07 August): Another non-writing day so I could run errands and get stuff tweaked and submitted. UNDERCURRENT and OVERFLOW, books in the multi-author series Wet, are now with my editor. As you can probably tell from the titles, the books are related. OVERFLOW is a direct sequel (takes place a few months later) to UNDERCURRENT.
– WRITING (08 August): 875 words on SERENITY sequel today. This is slow going. Ugh. Rather than finding it hard to switch between books (never had an issue with that), I’m finding it hard to switch between novella (short) and novel (long) mode. Novellas have to be quick and to the point, which means cutting out a lot of introspection and character/plot build-up (as well as sub-plots) so the story gets to the point before you run out of words. Novels are the exact opposite. An author can take time to explore feelings and build the characters and plot over several chapters.
It’ll get there, but it might take longer than I originally thought. Especially if I’m putting less than a 1000 words on the book each day. Maybe this is a temporary hiccup while my brain switches gears. Here’s hoping I can get into novel mode soon so I can get this book finished.
– CONTRACTED (08 August): Since I started the whole headings and dates thing, I figured I should keep going with it to keep things uniform even though it’s the same day. Anywho. UNDERCURRENT is contracted and on the Changeling Press coming soon page. It’s due out 14 September (which 13 September in Changeling Press time :P).
– NON-WRITING DAY (09 August): I knew today would be a non-writing day before I went to bed last night. I called it too. I was in a mood. No way around it so I figured I would just give in and ride it out. They go away faster that way. Lo and behold, me lazing in bed actually helped me figure out a story hurdle for the SERENITY sequel. In a dream no less. I’m not used to my dreams being that coherent and making that much sense. I’m also not used to my dreams still making sense after I wake up and think about them. But this idea totally works. I jotted down some notes so I can get to writing once I’m over my funk. 😀
This week has been pretty productive. Let’s see what next week holds as I switch from novella to novel mode and try to get this SERENITY sequel in the bag. I want this book finished so badly. Not only to get it finished and published but so I can work on the other novels calling to me. Ah my writing queue… never finished… and that’s not a bad thing. Better to have a queue than not.
I’m changing the current blogging schedule — dropping the photo Sundays (given the current climate about that even though I was getting them for a legit site) and shuffling stuff around. Fridays are now my accountability days. I shall give writing updates. 😀
It seems I haven’t written a Writing Update since May. That was very bad of me. This one will be a catch up post to bring everyone up to date. After that, Friday’s posts should be fairly short… unless something really amazing happens in the span of one week.
So, on with the update…
– FINISHED (16 July): 6200 word Erotic Fiction short story intended for Razor’s Edge Press that is based on a drinking game. This one came to me thanks to the hubby’s visiting friends. They were playing a drink game that involved the alphabet. Tiffanie said, “I need an F.” and my mind went to dirty places that I wrote down.
– FINISHED (23 July): 7800 word Erotic Urban Fantasy Christmas Romance short story for Changeling Press. DECORATING SPIRIT is the sequel to STRIPPING CHRISTMAS. Turns out Santa has a brother who is in need of an attitude change before Christmas rolls around. This one went longer than I wanted, but I’m assured that’s not a big problem.
– FINISHED (01 August): 22,500 word Erotic Paranormal Romance novella and it’s 25,000 word sequel (yup, two at once). Both novellas intended for the Changeling Press WET multi-author series. I got inspired by the idea of a water spirit and a living good luck charm. It was supposed to be one story but evolved into two. The sequel is a menage. I have to tweak a few things and do a final read through, but those are done.
– Currently working on a spin off for the Caveat Emptor series. Yes, yes. It just ended. This is a completely unrelated NEW menage (MFM) couple. They are mentioned in the epilogue of ETERNAL LOVERS. That mention turned into a story whose characters wouldn’t stop bugging me. The story is currently at 9400 words. I think it might end up scrapping 15,000, but I won’t be sure until I finish. And I’ll probably be finishing it some time next week. You’ll find out when I do next Friday’s update.
I went semi-internet dark in July so I could work on clearing my obligations for Changeling Press for the rest of the year. I didn’t write all the stories I wanted, but I’m happy with what I did write. My queue for them is no where near finished, but at least this will put me a little ahead so I can focus on other stuff until the start of 2013.
My goal is to put my full focus (with only minor interruptions for edits from Changeling) on the sequel to SERENITY. I’m hoping, really HOPING, to have that finished (especially with my current writing schedule and speed) some time in September. Let’s pray my muse will cooperate. The current word count for the sequel is 35,300 words.
I’ll discuss what I plan to do after I finish the sequel in later updates. That’s it from me. See you next Friday.
Pre-Game Show is now at the First Chapters blog. BUT since the title has no chapter breaks, you can only enjoy the first scene. But that’s more than enough to get you in the mood of the story.
I told Twitter and FB, but I forgot to post it to my blog. 😛
As of 3:30PM (ish) HST on 12 May 2012, I have accomplished writing. *big smile* The doing of which has wiped me out. I’m done. I need a few days to recoup before I can look at another book. Either that or stiff drink and trip to the movies. You know. Which ever comes first.
I’m going to do this timeline style, because I’m lazy.
I dropped 6K on a short novella for intended for Razor’s Edge Press. I didn’t even know I was going to write the stupid story until I started typing. Nothing but a scenario and a lot of free time. And it turned into a sequel for the other short I wrote for Razor’s Edge Press that comes out in July.
Started on the finale for Caveat Emptor, which will feature all three couples from the series. This is book seven that is slated to come out in June. I had originally put words on it (about 1K) the day before but ended up not liking what I wrote, so I scrapped it all and started over. I got Chapter One and the start of Chapter Two finished.
08 May (early)
I finished Chapter Two and started Chapter Three with an end of the day word count of 5400.
08 May (late)
I decided to go back for more and upped my end of the day word count to 8800 with Chapter Three finished and starting Chapter Four.
09 May (early)
My muse was on fire. I cleared Chapter Four and started Chapter Five with an end of day word count of 11,770.
09 May (late)
And again, I revisited the book when I thought I was done for the day. This time I finished up with a word count of 13,370 and ready to start the last chapter.
First home stretch. The prose is complete. All the chapters are written with a word count of 15,690. I just have to go back and put in the sex scenes as well as check a few facts against the first six books.
I’ve started putting the sex into my latest erotic romance title. For those who don’t know, I always save the sex for last. I would rather write it all at once. That helps to keep from repeating myself. My end of the day word count boosted the story up to 19,010.
Sidenote: the hubby came back from his three week TDY in CO today, which would have distracted me from writing but the ultra-VIVID, weird ass dream I had got to me first. Most people would call what I had a nightmare. If I was normal, I would call it that too. I was too busy picking it apart — like why use a beeper to call for help when you have a friggin’ cell phone? Do people even still have beepers? And I didn’t know you could send text messages that were five pages long. Plus this was one of those dreams where you wake up and are happy you’re safe in bed, but when you fall back asleep it picks up right where it left off. So that wiped me out and there was no more writing for me that day.
12 May (TODAY)
FINISHED!! Not only am I finished. I am REALLY finished. The finale for the Caveat Emptor series is complete at a little over 20K. I want to give it one more read through before I send it off, but it is done. And I guess to make up for yesterday and my wacky dream, my muse also tossed in some bonus material in the form of THREE free reads (Changeling Press calls them Encounters) that are each 1K. Actually one was close to 1300 words, but I averaged them out. That’s one free read for each couple in the Caveat Emptor series. I’ll be sitting on those until after the finale comes out. But they are finished. I also did some editing on my short for Razor’s Edge, which upped the word count a little.
So let’s recap:
– 7K short for Razor’s Edge Press – DONE!
– 20K novella for Changeling Press (finale for Caveat Emptor series) – DONE!
– Three 1+K free reads (Encounters for Changeling Press) that are tied to the Caveat Emptor series – DONE!
– My muse – DONE!
– Me – Recuperating.
I haven’t written one of these in a while. 🙂
I am writing! And just to prove it, I have two, yes TWO new novellas going out to Changeling Press today. I have to read through them both one more time and possibly tweak some things and then off to my editor they go. One is a 17k novella about lovers who accidentally switch bodies (yes, you read that right) and the other is a 6k short for Razor’s Edge Press (Changeling Press’s erotica line) about a wife entertaining her husband’s poker buddies. Hopefully both will be well-received when they release.
What’s next for me? Why the sequel to SERENITY of course. Yes, yes, yes, I know. I’ve been talking about writing this book all year. I’ll have you know that I’ve already written 18k. The end will be somewhere between 60-90k. I have no clue how long the book will get until I finish it. I plan to put a HUGE dent in it through the whole month of December.
I’m really excited to be working on this book. I’ve been looking forward to it forever. So why didn’t I finish it before now if I want to work on it so badly? I had other books I wanted to get out of the way first. I’m actually bumping it up in my book queue because so many people want to see the sequel and they keep asking about it.
Another plus of working on this book now is that I get to read SERENITY again. I can see you’re probably wondering why that’s a bonus for me. I wrote the book. I can read it any time. That’s true and not true. While I can read it at any time, I refrain from reading my books after they are published. Why? Because I would just read them over and over and over (etc) instead of working on new books.
So I stare longingly at my babies while writing new babies. But, in the case of a sequel, I allow myself to read the previous book(s) so I can get back into the mood of the story/world. That means I get to read SERENITY again. Woot! Yes, I’m weird but you read my books so you knew that already.